Just when it seemed the well to our "Carteret Past" had evaporated -- Eurika! -- I stumbled upon some old home movie footage from 1953. It was taken by an unknown person at a Halloween celebration by Holy Family School students. I created this video for the sole enjoyment of our viewing audience. If you like it, let me know. Hopefully, some of you might be spurred into providing some Blog input to help keep this going.
Emerson Street looks much like I remember. If you look closely, you'll see some remains of the old church being demolished. Our '57 class just started at CHS when this was taken, but you might recognize some of our younger brethren. Holy Family grads will probably remember some of the nuns that are shown. Let me know who you can ID.
Hey Bernie -- was that you in a Cinderella outfit with the 8th graders?