Come on now, boys and girls! Walt Pavlik (CHS ’58 Blog Chief) and I have been constantly pleading for photos and/or news – current or old – for use on our Blogs. Sadly, very few have responded. Surely some of you have old pictures stashed away somewhere from “back in the day.” Or, tell us about what you or family members have been up to. It ain’t bragging and it doesn’t have to be about world-wide ventures to exotic places. Simple things are often the best to hear about. Have you been to any parties lately at Bethlan Hall? Trips to Asbury Park? A picnic at Roosevelt Park? Lots of us would love to hear anything about our old friends and acquaintances. Help us all out and share. That means YOU!
In the mean time, I was thrilled when my cousin, Beth Edmond (Venezia) CHS ’58, recently sent me the long lost family photo posted below. It shows an excited 15 or 16 year old kid (me) posing with my parents brand new 1955 Packard Clipper (it was Green & White). I can remember just licking my chops, longing for the day I could drive it around town and toot the horn at girls walking “the Loop.” Can you still remember the precise route of “The Loop?” This was the car I later nervously drove on my first date – with my first girlfriend. And a very pretty girl, indeed. Ah, those were the days!
